Shipping boxes, envelopes and other means of packaging are equipped with a covered, self-adhesive closure for later use and a tear strip for easy opening. By means of the immediately adhering closure, packaging of the goods by the end customer can take place without the use of further packaging material. The cardboard packaging can be stored flat and must only be erected shortly before use. As a rule, a hot melt pressure-sensitive adhesive is applied to the packaging material over a surface area of up to 30mm wide, which is then immediately covered with silicone paper in order to maintain the adhesive strength.
In the production of shipping boxes, envelopes and other packaging materials with self-adhesive equipment, it is particularly important that the packaged goods can be safely transported to the recipient, even at changing temperatures, can be re-closed if necessary and that the adhesive is applied cleanly and economically.
The right adhesive
Our hot-melt adhesive Type D61628.1 fulfills all the requirements for self-adhesive equipment. It has a very high initial tack, even after 24 hours, excellent flow properties und extremely good flexibility at low temperatures. The outstanding adhesion leads to comparatively low consumption and high economic efficiency.
- Safe due to the strong adhesive forces and excellent low temperature flexibility
- Fast due to high initial tack, even after 24 hours and
- Clean due to very good flow properties.
- Economical due to low consumption
The right application technique
Safer, faster, cleaner and economical adhesive application takes place
- at high speeds (> 40m/min) with our HB 4000 series,
- at lower speeds with the HB 6000 series,
- and perfectly matched heatable hoses and application heads.